In 1936, the “Circle K House” at Washington State College was established by the Kiwanis Club of Pullman, Washington. Organized as a fraternity, Kappa Iota Phi served men who needed financial aid to attend college. Kiwanians also wanted to provide collegiate students leadership opportunities for their future careers and work service projects to better their communities while having a sense of fellowship.
In 1947, Circle K changed from a fraternity to a service organization. That year, the first Circle K club was chartered at Carthage College in Carthage, Illinois.
Circle K was introduced in Georgia in 1949 by Dr. George M. Sparks of the Atlanta Kiwanis Club. The first club was chartered on February 22, 1950 at what is now Georgia State University. The Georgia District of Circle K was formed in 1959 under the direction of Mr. J. R. Griggs with 18 clubs. In 2009, Georgia Circle K celebrated its 50th Anniversary.
Over the years, thousands of members have impacted thousands more with their selfless acts of service.
For more Georgia District History, visit Georgia District of Circle K History!
Check out our Georgia CKI Wiki page!